Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Publishing Progress

There is no quick path to publication! I hammered out the the rules and initial prototype in about 1 month, but that was only the beginning. Below I have listed a time-line from that time until now.

June 20: I mail my card game "Drop Site" to Italy for the Premio Archimede contest.

July 2: I receive word that my game has arrived and been entered into the competition.

August 20: I receive word that my game has made it from the field of 141 to the field of 60.

Oct. 2: My card game, "Drop Site" wins the Carta Mundi special prize at the Premio Archimede and 7th place overall.

Oct. 4: I hear from the spokesman about the award, and interested companies.

Oct. 5-17: I work on 5 more prototypes. 4 to send to Italy and 1 for myself.

Oct. 18: I send the prototypes in the mail.

Oct. 29: I hear from Premio Archimede spokesperson that my prototypes have not yet arrived.

Nov. 2: I hear that my prototypes have arrived.

Nov. 11: ScriBabs begins work on the 1000 copies that are part of the reward for winning.

Nov. 12-Dec 18: I communicate back and forth with ScriBabs to make sure all the artwork for the game is in order.

Dec 20: I continue to wait. It has been six months since I first mailed the game to Italy for the contest. Even though it has been a long process, it has been a rewarding one too. I have gotten to see firsthand some of the issues that can develop with game publishing, as well as to speak with several people in the industry to solve those problems. In addition, I continue to feel blessed that I even get to be a part of this process and to see my game become a reality.

Be on the look out in the next year for a sneak peak of the new artwork and a chance to get your hands on a copy! I will be giving a away some free copies as part the release promotion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting at Pinebars: Applying Board Game Mechanics!