Thursday, October 23, 2008

Time

How do you engage time? Time has emotions just as we do. If it is treated calmly, with respect for the important things in life, then it responds in like fashion. I let time dawdle today as I talked with a friend who stopped by when I least expected. Time seemed to enjoy the slowness--the effortless passage between two points--of the afternoon. It smiled when I let it scribble all over my notebook this evening, and it yawns in contentment when I accept it for what it is--short--instead of trying to stretch it out like wrap that won't cover the bowl completely no matter how hard I try. Time feels better when it isn't forced to be longer. And consequently I do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting at Pinebars: Applying Board Game Mechanics!